About Dying

A personal oddessy of terminal illness, acceptance and regeneration.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monterey, Ca., United States

 

Also by WriterByTheSea

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Journal: 05/02/06

Back to work today, one day off really isn’t enough. I drink too much beer on my off days, so Tuesday is not much fun, but I do get to work on time. I didn’t do much of anything yesterday except the laundry, and I did drink quite a lot of beer.

Waiting for Money

I am impatiently waiting for tomorrow to roll around to find out whether Joann’s Social Security check will pop up in the bank. If it doesn’t, I’ll be in some serious trouble, not only with the bank because I’ve been taking direct deposit advances, but also because I’ve been borrowing to get Joann’s cremation expenses covered. I’m into the bank for $550.00, and another $600.00 for Joann’s expenses.

On the other hand, I’ll be able to take another advance, pay off the mortuary and start repaying the other people who helped out. This all hinges on whether or not Social Security was notified of Joann’s death, but as of this moment, I haven’t received anything in the mail to that effect. I haven’t started applying for my survivor’s benefits yet because I didn’t want to interrupt the cash flow. I’ll decide next fiscal month about notifying them, by that time I’ll have the death certificates also. It’s pins and needles all the way. Lovely thing to have on your plate with a mild hangover.

With Luck, Joann Will Be Coming Home Soon

Waiting with anticipation is always stressful for me, as it must be for everyone. The anticipation, as a child, of waking up on Christmas morning, the expectancy of a birthday party and presents, the excitement of waiting for the arrival of someone you haven’t seen in many years. For me, it is the anticipation of Joann coming home even if she is in a box filled with ashes.

If everything goes as planned, Joann may be home by tomorrow, or May 4 at the latest. She’ll be back in time for our three-year anniversary of Snug Harbor that Bill and I will celebrate. Her return will also afford me some much-needed closure, as I haven’t seen her since the mortuary picked her up three weeks ago. Yes, I’m excited that she’s coming home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home