About Dying

A personal oddessy of terminal illness, acceptance and regeneration.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monterey, Ca., United States

 

Also by WriterByTheSea

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Update: 03/10/06

Medications:

  • 10 mg. Compazine (for nausea).
  • 60 mg. Oral Morphine in 4 doses.
  • 120 mg. Extended Release Morphine.
  • 1 mg. Lorazapam (for sleeping/anxiety).
  • How Joann’s Day Went:

    VNA nurse Kathy stopped by today to check Joann’s vitals and medications. She noticed that Joann had trouble projecting her voice, a sign that her lung volume is still decreasing. Otherwise her lung sounds were clear, though her ability to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide seemed lower. Joann slept most of the afternoon, unusual for her these days, but that turned out to be the result of having turned off her oxygen compressor to replace the filters, and I forgot to turn it back on. Bill noticed that it was off about 5:30 PM and turned it back on. Joann didn’t take any breakthrough (oral) morphine until that time and kept to the 2-hour schedule after that until bedtime. She needed a Compazine after dinner and an extra Lorazapam to get to sleep. Joann went to sleep at 3:00 AM.

    I think my schedule is affecting Joann. I haven’t been able to get to sleep until 2:00 AM or 3:00 AM most nights lately. Joann seems to be following my pattern. I will try to adjust my schedule to be more like it was before, and getting to bed by 1:00 AM.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home