About Dying

A personal oddessy of terminal illness, acceptance and regeneration.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monterey, Ca., United States

 

Also by WriterByTheSea

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Journal: 04/20/06

Yesterday’s entry was a day late because I had to dash out in the middle of the night to help my friend Rose identify where her panic attacks were coming from. It turns out that she had stopped using a particularly vicious prescription sleeping medication without weaning herself off it. I spent a couple of hours at her place and we finally had the chance to have the first face-to-face talk about Joann since Joann died. I think it was cleansing for both of us, we were able to get many things out in the open and she felt better when I left at 2:00 AM. Today she told me that she got some sleep and was feeling better, though she did take the day off from work. I, on the other hand, was a good boy and made it to work on time.

Bailing Out Joann

The deadline had passed by a day for me to pay Paul Mortuary the $400.00 I owe them. They haven’t called me and I have not called them either, though I will tomorrow. I will let them know that I need a little more time because the two donors I am working with don’t get paid for a few more days. I think they will go with the plan, especially as they have already cremated Joann and she is simply a financial hostage at the moment.

I am actually looking forward to having her home, though not as the centerpiece of my apartment. It will mean that I have finally finished that portion of my promise to her, even if I have to pay my donors back. Having Joann’s ashes back will mean some closure, as well as fine accomplishment.

Obituary?

Somehow, in my mind, my writing Joann’s obituary is associated with her ashes coming home. I hope that is the case, as I’m woefully late in crafting it. I guess it doesn’t matter when the obituary is published, so long as I get it done. When it is ready for publication, I’ll post it on this blog as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home