About Dying

A personal oddessy of terminal illness, acceptance and regeneration.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monterey, Ca., United States

 

Also by WriterByTheSea

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Update: 03/28/06

Medications:

  • 200 mg. Oral Morphine in 8 doses.
  • 180 mg. Extended Release Morphine.
  • 1 mg. Lorazepam in 1 dose (for sleeping/anxiety).
  • 20 mg. Compazine in 2 doses (nausea)
  • Morning SAT: Oxygen Saturation = 89/Heart rate = 130 (sitting).
  • Evening SAT: Oxygen Saturation = 93/Heart rate = 101 (lying down).
  • How Joann’s Day Went:

    SSDD (Same Shit, Different Day). Joann had a very rough day today. I keep worrying about giving her too much morphine, but her pain is such that she just gobbles it up. And, I can tell its her pain too, she starts violent spasms when she needs more medication. However, she was a little better by evening, so she, Bill and I played a short game of cards. She ate well of Bill’s magnificent ground-beef-sausage meatloaf. We were in bed by 11:00 PM. I was really exhausted as I hadn’t slept the night before due to keeping Joann’s oxygen on all night so she didn’t bleed.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home