About Dying

A personal oddessy of terminal illness, acceptance and regeneration.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Monterey, Ca., United States

 

Also by WriterByTheSea

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Update: 03/25/06

Medications:

  • 180 mg. Oral Morphine in 6 doses.
  • 180 mg. Extended Release Morphine (increased from 60-60-mg to 90-90-mg.).
  • 1 mg. Lorazepam in 1 dose (for sleeping/anxiety).
  • 20 mg. Compazine in 2 doses (nausea)
  • Morning SAT: Oxygen Saturation = 90/Heart rate = 129 (sitting, awake 1 hr.).
  • Evening SAT: Oxygen Saturation = 97/Heart rate = 101 (lying down).
  • How Joann’s Day Went:

    Joann had a really bad day. This seems to be an extension of yesterday evening where she was having hard-to-control pain. I called the VNA and nurse Gail increased her extended release morphine (ERM) to 90-mg., up from 60-mg twice daily. In the meantime, Joann was frequently taking 30-mg doses of breakthrough morphine to control her pain. When Gail called in the order for the ERM to Ordway Drug, they formulated a special capsule of 90-mg. morphine for Joann. I assume they don’t carry the exact dosage in a tablet form. I don’t think Joann’s coming back from this level. I called her son David and he talked to her for a while, that seemed to do Joann some good. God knows I love Joann, but it was the first time I had to feed her. Having gotten past that, I guess I’m initiated.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home